Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Friday, December 19

Today was my first day to actually shadow Dr. S, who I am assigned to. It was also a very busy day at the clinic, which means I got to see her in action! I must admit, it was pretty neat. But I think that woman has more multitasking skills than I could ever hope to have. She moves very fast paced and at times I was literally skip-stepping to keep up with her. It made things interesting though. I really like the way Dr. S interacts with her clients. She's very personable and makes them feel at home and comfortable...she's the sort of Vet I would like to have. She gets to know them and their families and has just the right amount of balance between business and personal relations. It makes you want to come back, which is good for your pet and good for her! Fridays are surgery days at this clinic (she and her husband own two) so I got to watch her perform a neuter and prep for a dental in my time there. There is also a tech there who is a first year Vet student so she got to scrub in and Dr. S explained in detail how she performs her neuters so I got to listen in while I monitered TPR on the dog (temperature, pulse, & respiration). Overall, I had great fun and became MORE excited (if that's possible) about my lifelong dream of becoming a Vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment